Planning on starting a business in Waynesboro? Find resources here to help you Plan It.
Small Business Research
Whether you want to review the Business Climate, research your Customers, analyze your Competition, discover Industry Trends, evaluate Workforce, or uncover local Opportunities, we’ve got research resources for you.
Guide to Starting a Business in Waynesboro
A brilliant business idea may begin with an inspiration. We’re here to help you move it forward into reality, with a step-by-step guide to creating a business plan, finding the ideal location, building a marketing strategy, connecting with your customers, identifying local business incentives, and obtaining business licenses and registration.
Visit our interactive, online guide for help every step along the way.
Interested in ways that we incentive and support local small business development? We encourage you to check out many of our entrepreneurial support initiatives we offer:
- Facade Grants for businesses located in downtown buildings.
- Enterprise Zone grants (both state and local) for job creation and real property investment within our Enterprise Zone.
- Historic Tax Credits for building renovations.
- Special incentives in our Tourism Development Zone.
- Revolving Loan Fund business development loans.
- Business Planning assistance with the Staunton Creative Community Fund and the Small Business Development Center.
- Sidewalk and Landscaping grants.
- And more.
Work with Us
Want customized counseling to help determine which of our services might best match your business needs? We’re here to help and would love to hear from you.